Welcome to JL firearms. We are a new shop located in the upper valley of New Hampshire. Our purpose is to help you get youor firearms, automotive parts, tools, or anything else looking exactly the way you want. By shipping us your items, we can coat them for style, protection, or both. We have applied Cerakote on everything from automotive parts to wood stocks. Now with this new chapter in life we hope to offer our services to a broader market. In addition to Cerakote, we are a full service 07 FFL offerring anything from scope mountings, retail sales, cleaning, transfers and custom builds.
Anything sent to the shop is treated like it was the only thing in the shop. All parts are photographed, inventoried and cleaned before any work starts. JL Firearms will work with you on youor custom project with regular updates, open communication about what you'd like to see and helping you make your idea come to life.
Not sure what to put here yet.
What is it
Cerakote provides a robust layer of protection against the elements. We have had it on everything from sunglasses to motorcycles with outstanding results.
From the manufacurer:
Cerakote is a ceramic based finish that can be applied to metals, plastics, polymers and wood. The unique formulation used for Cerakote ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and hardness. Each of these properties is rigorously tested to guarantee that Cerakote products remain at the forefront of the ceramic coatings market. Cerakote ceramic coatings utilize state-of-the-art technology to out-perform any competitive coating in both laboratory settings and real world applications.
How is it applied>?
Cerakote is applied in a multi step process and can quickly get complicated depending on the project. Most home applicators will use second hand ovens, poor prep techniquies and poor venting / painting air quality which can lead to pitting or flaking of the material.
Staarting from thte minute we unbox your project, it is logged, photographed, and cleaned. Assembled firearms area all dissassembled degreased, media blasted, and coated separately. They are then baked in our large convection oven specifically builtt for cerakote and powdercoat. This whole process is time consuming, and any mistakes usually require starting from scratch.
We will warranty any baked on coatings against the coating peeeling or flaking off for the life of the item. All air cure coatings will get a 1 year warranty against the same. Like any coating, they are the frontline against wear and tear of your coated object whether it's an exhaust manifold or a firearm. As you use it, activities like holstering, dropping and cleaning will wear the coating away. We can repair that however, this warranty will not cover normal wear and tear of the item(s). It does not cover any damage, alteration or abuse to the finish. This warranty also will not cover the item(s) itself against damage, abuse or misuse by it’s owner. This warranty covers the H-series Cerakote as applied by Simmons Custom Firearms.
If your coating ever flakes your options are limited to a free refinishing in the same style or coating level previously applied. Please contact us for any warranty work. Shipping is not included in this.
In the event of a warranty issue, please contact us prior to shipping your item(s) for shipping instructions. Return shipping is at the cost of, and the responsibility of, the customer. We offers a Lifetime Guarantee only on products that we have done the Cerakote work on.
Sending us your project
- Ensure that you print out the PDF Order Form at the bottom of this page, fill it out, and include it in the shipment. Sending us a package without the order sheet included will add a significant delay to processing your firearm when we receive it.
- Look over your firearm to ensure that it is completely unloaded and properly packaged.
- When shipping your firearm you can use the company of your choice and are free to insure the product at any amount you'd like or add signature required on it. Handguns must be shipped overnight, or 2 day guaranteed by UPS or FedEx (not USPS). Avoid putting anything on the box that can identify it's contents as it may make it a target for theft.
- When we receive your firearm we will review the package immediately and call you to let you know all items that we've received. We are not responsible for items broken, or lost during transit. It's in your interest to insure your package, but this is ultimately your choice.
- DO NOT ship any ammo with your firearm!
- Be sure to include a copy of your State Identification and please also include a copy of your FFL if you have one.
- Make sure that we have a way to contact you when sending us your items.
- Reach out with any questions before sending anything to us.